5 American Priorities Which Must Not Be Delayed!
Di: Bilalrana 0
In, nearly any circumstance, whether, related to a personal matter, any organization/ group, and/ or, regarding, public service issues, perhaps, nothing is, as risky/ dangerous, as procrastination, especially, when, well – considered, timely action is needed, and indicated! As difficult, as it becomes, in every circumstance, when it comes to national policies, agenda, actions, etc, it is even, more – so! Politicians, who seem, to put their perceived, personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest, ahead of the greater good, often, use empty promises, rhetoric, etc, to stir, the fears and emotions/ prejudice, of their supporters, rather than serving, and representing, all! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 American priorities, which must not, be delayed!
1. The threats and ramifications of Climate Change: We often witness, certain politicians, and elected officials, attempt to down – play, and deny, the potential threats, from Climate Change! Nearly, all scientists and experts, in that field, are concerned with the ramifications of this, in terms of the sustainability, and well – being, of this planet! When any politician, equates this threat, with economic circumstances/ benefits, it appeals to his core supporters, but, not the greater good! Unless, we begin to address these dangers, proactively, we risk significant changes in climate, the level of the seas, etc! The Earth cannot afford to procrastinate, but, its leaders must, strategically, and in a well – considered manner, take smart actions, to ensure sustainability, and a healthy planet, for future generations!
2. Environmental protections: We must hand – over, to future generations, a planet, with clean air and water! Shouldn’t it be, our responsibility, to leave our planet, in better condition, than we found it? We cannot permit politicians, to avoid doing this, because it seems to be, an inconvenient truth!
3. Voting rights: How can we, continue, referring to, ourselves, as a democracy, unless/ untl, we protect voting rights, for – all? We need a representative, form of government, where all citizens, are treated equally, especially, in terms of their access to, and right, to vote, freely! If we delay, we risk our form of government, and the Constitutional guarantees, rights, and freedoms, forever!
4. Equal rights/ protection: We must demand, truly, equal rights, for all! That means, protecting all rights, and freedoms, instead of only, selective ones! It cannot be based on politics, political affiliations and beliefs, and/ or, any agenda, but, rather, apply equally, to, and for, all!
5. End the polarization: Denying, the country, is more polarized, than, ever before, in recent memory, doesn’t make it, go away! Instead, we must demand, a return to greater civility, and attempting to create, a well – considered, meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good!
Wake up, America, and demand, public and elected officials, address these pressing priorities, sooner, rather than later, and we no longer, allow procrastination, in addressing what is most pressing and urgent! Will you become a more responsible voter, and citizen?